Giving eBooks for Christmas? Half Off Popular eBook Subscriptions
If you are shopping for a tablet owner or avid reader, eBooks can make a surprisingly good gift. In fact, there’s a long list of reasons why you should consider giving eBooks as gifts this year.
- They’re inexpensive, so you can gift more than one
- They’re great “stocking stuffers”
- Almost instant delivery – great last minute gifts
- Good gifts for coworkers and other acquaintances you might not know well
- No gift wrapping, tape, or boxes
- No clutter – buy a whole collection!
One of the more confusing parts of giving an eBook as a gift is how exactly to “give” the digital file. There are plenty of options for sending eBook gifts.
- If you’re giving Kindle eBooks, Amazon provides a great guide about how to send them as gifts.
- Download the eBook to a CD. Then you can decorate it, or attach a nice note or holiday image.
- Give two gifts in one – download the eBook to a thumb drive. They get the book, and can reuse the drive later.
- Unsure which books are best? Give a gift card to an eBook seller like Amazon or Kobo.
But what’s even better than giving one eBook? Giving unlimited eBooks! Consider making someone happy with an unlimited eBook subscription for their device. This saves you the hassle of having to pick a title for them. They will have millions of titles to pick from themselves, and will have lifetime membership in most cases (meaning they might not ever need to pay for an individual eBook again). Who wouldn’t want that this year?
For tablet, eReader, PC, and mobile phone owners:
For iPad, iPhone, and Mac owners:
As a special holiday treat for readers of My Free iPad Downloads, enter the coupon code “XMAS2011” to get 50% off the one-time membership fee for the Droid Library and/or MyPadMedia.